We Plant Together. Learn Together. Tend Together. Harvest Together
Community Garden – Houston Health Foundation from Cimela Kidonakis on Vimeo
The Get Moving Houston Gardens provide hands-on experience in vegetable gardening and urban agriculture to community members and encourage the consumption of local fruits and vegetables. The Gardens are an interactive learning opportunity to demonstrate nutrition and gardening practices in an urban environment. It promotes physical activity and mental well-being through affordable social interactions for people of all ages. There are 15 garden sites across the city of Houston designated by type as a Garden Club, Adoption Garden, Specialty Garden, Employee Garden or Hybrid Garden (combo of two types).
- Garden Club – Gardens are manned by community members and volunteers. Clubs have an updated charter, minimum member requirement and meeting/engagement requirements.
- Adoption Garden – Gardens are adopted by an external partner or another COH program. MOU agreement required. (See Adopt-A-Garden)
- Specialty Garden– Gardens used for OCDHEW programs which may include growing produce for HES Unit nutrition education and/or use as platform for urban agriculture projects.
- Employee Gardens – Workplace gardens located at administrative offices and maintained by volunteer HHD staff.
GARDEN ACTIVITIES▼ here
- Garden Orientation Classes
- Garden Maintenance
- Adopt-A-Garden Partnership
- Service projects and Volunteer Days
Grow with Us! this web page
|Join a Garden Club||Adopt a Garden||Outreach Request|
|Garden Clubs||Adoption Gardens||Specialty Gardens||Employee Gardens||Hybrid Gardens|
6719 W. Montgomery
7037 Capitol Street
3611 Ennis Street
|HHD Administration Building
8000 N Stadium, Houston, Texas 77054
6400 High Star
170 Heights Blvd
|Park Place, Environmental Health
7411 Park Pl Blvd. Houston, TX 77087
3611 Ennis Street
3810 West Fuqua
6402 Market Street
GARDENS CALENDAR article source
Come grow with us!
For Garden Outreach and Presentations, please submit an outreach request form using this link at least 30 days before the event to prepare materials and ensure staff availability. Are you a garden club lead and need to update your produce numbrs? Fill in the form: Monthly Report Submission