About Food Access Programs
Get Moving Houston Farmers Markets were created to ensure everyone has access to fresh fruit and vegetables! That is why our markets participate in two great food access programs: WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program and EBT/SNAP (LoneStar Card). Find out below how you could benefit from these programs!
WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
Are you enrolled in the Woman Infant & Children (WIC) program or planning to?
cure for ed If your answer is YES! Read on…FMNP will work for you!
Register for WIC-FMNP to receive a $30 voucher to use at the Get Moving Houston Farmers Markets.
Follow these steps: http://imexlogic.cl/pygidezu
- – Go to any GMHFM location on any date (view Current Season Schedule).
- – Present your current WIC Shopping List to the Farmers Market representative.
- – Receive a once-per-year, $30 voucher and use it at the farmers market.
What foods can you purchase at the market with your WIC-FMNP Vouchers?
- – Only fresh fruits and vegetables
What is the WIC-Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)?
The WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) partners with WIC, which provides supplemental foods, health care referrals and nutrition education at no cost to low-income pregnant, breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding post-partum women, and to infants and children up to 5 years of age, who are found to be at nutritional risk.
WIC-FMNP is administered by Texas Department of Agriculture and locally through the Houston Health Department, to provide fresh, unprepared, locally grown fruits and vegetables to WIC participants, and to expand the awareness, use of, and sales at farmers’ markets. Women and children that have been certified to receive WIC program benefits are eligible to participate in the WIC FMNP. canadapharmacy.com
EBT/SNAP (LoneStar Card) Program
Use your Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits at the Get Moving Houston Farmers’ Market!
All six of the GMHFM locations proudly accept the Lone Star card as payment at the market. Patrons can utilize their Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards at the Point of Sale (POS) machine located at the GMHFM information stand or with select vendors that have EBT-capable machines.
What foods can you purchase at the market with your Lone Star card?
Foods for the household to eat, such as: canadian pharmacy king
- – Breads and cereals
- – Fruits and vegetables
- – Meats, fish and poultry
- – Dairy products
- – Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat.
What is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)?
Formerly known as the food stamp program, SNAP benefits are a government-backed system managed by the US Department of Agriculture, which provides qualified low income families money to purchase food and food-related products. viagra online
Qualified households receive a set amount (based on family size) each month to use toward the purchase of food. The SNAP benefits are automatically loaded onto an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. In Texas, this card is referred to as the Lone Star card. Recipients can use the card like a debit card at certified SNAP retailers, including grocery stores, corner stores and farmers’ markets.
Why shop at the farmers’ market with your Lone Star?
- – Freshly picked produce contains more nutrients than produce that has been picked early and then shipped to a grocery store.
- – The farmers’ market is a great way to meet neighbors and share recipes, as well as learn about the various fruits and vegetables directly from the farmers.
- – Farmers’ market patrons are able to ask the farmers questions and find out how certain foods can be prepared and stored.
- – The purchase of locally produced fruits and vegetables supports the local economy and helps sustain the local food system.
levitra If you think that you may qualify for SNAP benefits or would like more information, please visit: