http://theonboardspasrbija.com/?mapca1 It’s time for Houston to move and increase the levels of physical activity and fitness! Walking is one of the most common forms of physical activity across the country, and it’s an excellent way for everyone of all ages to get out and be active. The Go Healthy Houston Taskforce is stepping it up and responding to the U.S. Surgeon General’s Call to Action to promote walking and walkable communities by motivating communities and partners to Go Walk Houston. So let’s move Houston! Let’s show each other how we walk and stay active!
THE GO WALK HOUSTON CAMPAIGN
Go Walk Houston is a declaration of active living for all Houstonians. This campaign does more than just call attention to the health benefits of walking, it also aims to create a culture shift that will promote walking and walkability all across Houston. Go Walk Houston wants to unify those who are also moving to make a health difference, promote walking facilities, and advocate for a more pedestrian-friendly Houston. It’s a movement to walk more each and every day: at home, at school or at work!
Everyone has a role to play! Every sector (Work-sites, Parks and Recreation, Schools, Health care professionals, Nonprofit organizations, Individuals, Families and others) can join in. Go Walk Houston welcomes all individuals and organizations to be active and promote walking and walkability where they live, work, and play. This campaign brings the opportunity to start and maintain active living, learn how worksites are supporting employee health, and bring inspiration to all Houstonians to walk our park trails. Together, everyone can help to make Houston communities more active.
GO WALK HOUSTON CAMPAIGN GOALS
1. Make walking a community priority
2. Design, promote or highlight community spaces that are safe and easy for people of all ages and abilities to walk http://skillforce.com/?mapsro1
3. Promote programs and policies that support walking where people live, work, learn and play https://www.evernote.com/shard/s584/sh/a27326cb-c9f6-445d-8d57-8ed66c14eaa7/8fdbaeed59664c28ee8ef5918bae4f24
4. Provide information and resources to encourage walking and improve walkability click the following article
5. Practice data sharing and monitoring of walking projects and physical activity behaviors http://conservativecalls.com/?mapca1
see more HOW TO JOIN THE CAMPAIGN
Organizations can complete a registration form HERE
Promote the Go Walk Houston campaign and hashtag on all social media and digital platforms. Download the GWH Social Media Toolkit for additional resources.
Join our social media campaign! Grab your shoes, set your path, snap a pic, and share it on social media using #GoWalkHouston!
FOR ADDITIONAL INQUIRIES:
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]