It’s time for Houston to move and increase their physical fitness and activity levels! Walking is the most common form of physical activity across the country and it’s an excellent way for everyone of all ages to get out and get active. Your friends here at Go Healthy Houston are stepping it up and responding to the Surgeon General’s Call to Action by motivating communities and partners to GO Walk Houston.
Go Walk Houston is a declaration of active living for all Houstonians. This campaign does more than just call attention to the health benefits of walking but to also create a culture shift that will promote walking and walk-ability across generations. Go Walk Houston wants to unify those who are also moving to make a health difference, promote walking facilities and to advocate for a more pedestrian-friendly Houston.
STEP IT UP CALL TO ACTION GOALS
1. Make walking a community priority
2. Design, promote or highlight community spaces that are safe and easy for people of all ages
and abilities to walk
3. Promote programs and policies that support walking where people live, work, learn and play
4. Provide information and resources to encourage walking and improve walkability
5. Practice data sharing and monitoring of walking projects and physical activity behaviors
WHAT YOU CAN DO
– Complete a registration form HERE
– Make a public announcement of your participation
– Summarize your organization’s opportunities and incentives for walking to share
– Promote the Go Walk Houston campaign and hashtag on all social media and digital platforms
– Host a walking challenge or team activity for your organization or your community
– Join us April 4th for the kick off campaign and group walk! Details to follow
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN
Complete a registration form online
For additional inquiries, email email@example.com.
Grab your shoes, set your path, snap a pic, and share it on social media using #GoWalkHouston!